Instructions For Fingerprint Door Locks
HOW TO USE THE FINGERPRINT SENSOR
As fingerprints are organic we need to keep in mind that external changes can happen to our
fingerprint that affect the information the sensor can pick up.
The fingerprint sensor needs a complete, clean image of the fingerprint for enrollment and use. The
fingerprint image used in enrollment is what the lock will use to recognize the user in the future, so a
bad enrollment will make it harder for the fingerprint to be recognized later on.
For good fingerprint enrollment:
- Wash your hands so the original fingerprint image is clean and clear.
- The best fingerprint image is taken from a finger that isn't dry and is warm.
- Enroll the same finger in a couple of positions.
- Enroll more than one fingerprint for each person.
- Ensure that the 'core' of the fingerprint (the center of the fingerprint where the swirls meet) is located in the middle of the sensor as this part contains the most information.
For fingerprint enrollment and use please follow the instructions provided in your User Manual included with your lock. If you misplace your User Manual it can be downloaded from our web site at any time.